Tuesday 21 May 2013

PEGGED

Hi and welcome! There has been a succession of glorious, sunny autumn days here, meaning lots of gardening, very much needed! Camellias and the first of my jonquils are flowering, although I don't know why the jonquils are out so early. With the nights now quite cool, I would have thought that they'd be still in their autumn state. Crafting time has been mainly relegated to evenings for the time being, so that I can take full advantage of the weather.
I've been looking for large wooden pegs for some time, but had not been able to find any until recently, when I came across a jumbo craft peg (15cm x 3cm) in a local store; bigger than what I had been wanting, but fitting the bill perfectly for the use it will now have.
It's had quite a transformation with the addition of wire, beads, spraying with Colour Wash,and adding flowers.




The flowers were made from card stock which had been prepared on a gelli pad, using combinations of Splash Inks, Lumieres and  Glimmer mists. Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers, and Tattered Flower Garland dies were then used. Some of the constructed flowers were given a thick coat of Glossy Accents, to give a faux porcelain look (hasn't shown up on the photo). Added to the die cut flowers, are ones made from hessian. These were cream or grey. The cream ones were sprayed with cranberry or sailboat blue Colour Wash. Alcohol ink, again cranberry, was tipped onto a metal silver butterfly.



Very over-the -top, but still very functional. I've used a sticky pad note book here. With a magnet on the back, my peg is now ready for use.




The challenge I'm entering this into is ABAC Challenge 19, using a colour palette with 2 or more of the colours to be used. See what the design team and other entrants have come up with here:
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/

Thank you very much for visiting. I appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing what you are doing as well.
Cheers, Di

6 comments:

  1. What a cute altered peg - fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow and WOW!This is super stunning the flowers are so beautiful. I have just altered my first peg this week - it isn't a patch on this gorgeousness! Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diane what a transformation of the peg! Your flowers are gorgeous and just make this a wonderful piece. Thanks for joining us this time at Anything But a Card
    Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delicious Di! Love all the flowers and lovely colour you used. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card.
    We appreciate your loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be one of the most glamorous pegs I've ever seen! Love it to bits Diane. Have you seen the paper flowers challenges at Unruly Paper Arts? This would be perfect. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Just realized I was looking at the wrong post! Funny that the colors in your layout were somewhat similar to the challenge as well!
    Your peg is gorgeous! I love all of the pretty flowers and flitting butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing THIS project with us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete